Consumer and I&I Products
CSI provides regulatory consulting support for Consumer (Household), Personal Care Products including Cosmetics, and Industrial & Institutional (I&I) products, sold in North America and the EU/UK. This encompasses the complete range of labeling, safety data sheet (SDS) preparation, and hazard communication services. We work with many multinational companies, but also specialize in addressing the needs of small to medium-sized enterprises that need to get a handle on all of the regulations that affect them without causing disruption to their business.
Experienced Support For:
- Consumer & Household Products
- Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Products
- Personal Care & Cosmetic Products
- OSHA and Worker Health & Safety Compliance
- GHS & CLP Labeling
- SDS Preparation & Compliance
- U.S. Consumer Product Federal Regulations under the CPSC including FHSA (Safety Assessments and Labeling)
- U.S. State Regulations including Prop 65, VOC regulations, California Cleaning Product Right To Know (SB258) & others
- Canadian Consumer Product Regulations under CCCR & CPLA
Consumer, Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Product Support in North America
Consumer & Household Product Support
- Complete regulatory and compliance support for consumer (household) products and personal care products (Cosmetics).
- Risk assessments and labeling for consumer products under the US Federal Hazardous Substance Act (FHSA) of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Canadian Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations (CCCR), Hazardous Products Act (HPA), Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act (CPLA), and the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA).
- Weights and measures regulations under the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Safety and testing recommendations, product development guidance to assure compliant products, and recall or market withdrawal guidance and support for CPSC related issues.
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and Global Harmonized System (GHS) Support including I&I Products
- Compliance assistance with the new Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Global Harmonized System (GHS) of classification and labeling regulations including chemical safety and classification, labeling and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) preparation/conversion.
- Advice for worker health and safety issues, including exposure assessments.
- OSHA inspection support including citation remediation and negotiation.
- Compliance support for products in the Canadian workplace (WHMIS and GHS).
- Multinational and multichannel labeling.
- EPA FIFRA pesticide and antimicrobial product labeling.
California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act of 2017 (SB258), Cosmetic Fragrance and Flavor Ingredient Right to Know Act of 2020 (SB312), Proposition 65 (Prop 65) and other State Regulations
- California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act of 2017 (SB258) compliance and labeling; label and website ingredient disclosure requirements.
- Cosmetic Fragrance and Flavor Ingredient Right to Know Act of 2020 (SB312) compliance and ingredient disclosure requirements.
- California Proposition 65 (Prop 65) compliance and labeling.
- California Safer Consumer Products Regulation (SCPR/Green Chemistry Initiative).
- Consumer and institutional product Volatile Organic Chemical (VOC) regulations and requirements administered by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) as well as other state and federal VOC requirements.
For more information about Personal Care Products, please visit our Cosmetics page.
Consumer, Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Product Support in Europe (EEA / UK)
In Europe, CSI has extensive experience providing regulatory and compliance support for clients in the consumer / household, personal care / cosmetic, and I&I sectors. These chemicals tend to be regulated as Biocides (under the Biocidal Products Regulation (EU) 528/2012 (BPR)), Cosmetics (under the Cosmetic Products Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009), and Industrial Chemicals (under the EU REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 and UK REACH).
Classification & Labelling
- Support for clients manufacturing, importing, using or distributing chemical substances or mixtures into the European Economic Area (EEA) (EU27 plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), and the UK market including review to ensure compliance with the Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation (EC 1272/2008).
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- SDS preparation in accordance with the UN Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS), REACH (Regulation 2006/1907/EC) and CLP (Regulation 2008/1272/EC).
- Assessment of physical and chemical properties, toxicology and ecotoxicology hazards to support classification.
For more information about our EU / UK support in these areas, please visit our Biocides, Cosmetics and REACH pages.
CSI is a proud member of the Household and Commercial Products Association (HCPA)
CSI is a proud member of the Household and Commerical Products Association (HCPA)